Sustainable development and energy savings in construction: Solar Power – Selection of Materials - Urban Planning
The dp studio has acquired a lot of experience in the area of energy savings in construction over the last 30 years.
Numerous studies and architectural projects were undertaken and realized applying the concepts of passive and active harnessing of solar power and the use of renewable energies.
- Natural light (passive systems) as component, source of heat and tapped by the shape of the spaces ( Heliakos, Préverenges, Perce-Neige, Leso, housing in denges, EPFL Architecture Department, Monthéron Rescue Services)
- Hybrid solar harnessing systems, such as Trombe Walls, Rock Beds, glass verandas, sun tunnels, intelligent glass façades with harnassing of energy. ( Monthéron Rescue Services, EPFL Architecture Department, Heliakos, Préverenges, Perce-Neige, Leso EPFL, TEE-Athens)
- Recycling the energies produced in the building, double flow systems. ( Préverenges, Perce-Neige, École de Chambésy, TEE-Athens)
- Natural lighting using systems that enhance its performance .( Leso EPFL, École de Chambésy, Heliakos)
- Low temperature heating systems, thermopumps, geothermal power, water table, wood pellet heating etc. ( Heliakos, Préverenges, Irb, Imu, Palazzo L, cantonal banking Vaudoise)
Solar sensors, photovoltaics.
( Leso EPFL, Heliakos, Préverenges, Bière hall for self-propelled artillery, housing in denges)
- Choice of materials, considering their energy content and environmental impact. ( Leso EPFL)
- Planning the urban energy cost by confronting energetic concepts with development objectives. ( IAS, architecture et énergie, p 396, 30.10.1991 ISSN 0251-0979)
Prèverenges CIPEF Housing in Préverenges:
- Thermal assessment
- Energy Document 2000
- Technical and energetic aspects of energy saving housing in Préverenges
Architecture and energy: