State of Vaud, department for cantonal buildings, museums and botanical gardens.
Developing the botanical garden required replacing the existing glasshouses, in a serious state of disrepair, no longer meeting the needs of research, conservation and the advancement of plants.
Many different variants were studied within the garden, landscaped on Montriond Hill by architect A Laverrière (1872 – 1954) in terms of implantation and typology. The solution that prevailed enables the development of the areas that prolong the garden toward the neighbouring primary school’s covered playground, with new and expandable glasshouses. Their implementation following contour lines is an asset to the spaces and circuits.